Saturday 5 June 2010

Back in contact........ just from the Western Punjab.


Am well behind with the blog due to no internet connection, but will try in the next few days to back tract since my last entry. So today I have arrived in Western Punjab; a 3 hour public bus journey from Pathankot (Saturday 5th June). Train journey would cost about 550 rupees; bus 65 rupees (1.25 euros). Have had quite a lot of hassel from rickshaw drivers etc, and only 15 minutes ago a man pulled a gun on me whilst I was out having a chai tea. He thought it was funny, I didn't!!!!!!!!!, but without seeming macho, my extremely sharp knife was very close at hand. Kindly sharpened free of charge by a young guy in Pathankot last night.

Here in Amritsar for two reasons: 1. to see the Sikh Golden Temple, and 2) travel to the Pakistan border (half an hour in auto rickshaw) to witness both the Indian and Pakistani armies taunting each other with military prouess. Might pay 20 rupees shortly to a rickshaw driver to take me to see the sunset at the Golden Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment