Saturday 15 May 2010

Smiling Indians



I have walked miles and miles in the back streets of Delhi; so much now that I recognise people, and you have the feeling they recognise you also. In general the Indians I have encountered here are extremely friendly, and their beaming smiles and shining teeth are a pleasure to witness. They just love having their photographs taken; so much so that sometimes when I have found a good vantage point for my next shot, someone calls up to me 'take my photo'.So I descend, take their photo, and show them the playback photo which is always greeted with laughter. Delhi is great! You either love it here or hate it, but to see the real people wander down the back streets, drink tea, buy lichees, and try and communicate..........they really appreciate it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment